Saturday, May 13, 2023

Random musings

 I have not posted in over two weeks. That is not good. I think to be a blogger, you need to have more discipline. I initially thought I would post daily, but at the moment, I am not up to that challenge. I think a blog is like a diary, a repository of your ideas that keeps getting better as you work on it more. It's like anything else that requires discipline at the beginning actually; with time you just keep getting better. I guarantee that I was to keep working on this, in five months time, what I wrote today might seem rudimentary. It's just the nature of the process. 

It's not only that more ideas will start coming to you but that you will be able to contextualize them better. Right now, my biggest challenge in creating this blog is not that I don't have ideas. It is the opposite. I have too many of them. I cannot, however, channel those in the right direction. It is the inability to prioritize ideas that is my biggest challenge right now. The hope is that if I just keep pushing forward, something will happen. I am a big believer in the power of the subconscious mind to make mental connections if you push it hard enough. You don't know how that is happening because the mind is still, to all intents and purposes, a black box. Think of it. According to the latest research, the brain consists of 86 billion neurons and there are a 100 trillion connections between them. This makes the brain too complex to be understood with currently available methods. 

But that is a digression. At the moment, I know too little about the brain and neuroscience to attempt anything more than a few sentences. I think bloggers, or writers in general, should not attempt to discuss subjects that they don't understand at least the basics of. Today, there are many available resources whereby it is possible for even a complete ignoramus to quickly understand the basics of any subject.  

No comments:

Post a Comment