Writing a blog is a hard task. Well, if you want to write sensibly, that is. Our world is full of information. Oftentimes, the blogger surely asks himself/herself why another blog? Why, indeed? We have a host of platforms that offers information, discussions, and analyses. What will another one do?
Well, it might not be of much consequence for the world, but it could be good for you. If you are really lucky, then the blog could be popular and monetizable. If you equate the success of your endeavor by its popularity or its ability to make money, then that could be an incentive to work harder on your blog. However, that is not guaranteed. There are lots of blogs out there. Some are very good. But most don't make much money. Therefore, money should not be a prime motivating factor if you want to stay in this business for long.
So, why not give up on the whole idea and just keep a diary? Well, for the simple reason that you might reach out to people who need to read your blog. Even it is only one other person, somewhere far, far away, what you write could make a difference to his/her life. That is reason enough, I think, to keep going. That's what I intend to do. There will be ups and downs. Sometimes you might just not feel like writing. That's okay. Take a break. That's what I did. I had planned to be very consistent, producing at least one blog per 3-4 days no matter what happened. But I didn't meet my own goals. Most likely, in the beginning you won't either. But that's okay. Just keep going.
No comments:
Post a Comment