Saturday, April 22, 2023

What this blog is about


This blog is about geopolitics. Or at least, one of the themes will be geopolitics. I intend it to be mainly about Asian geopolitics, but I will cover other subjects. I will write about Nepal, as it is my country of birth, and where I live now, but I will take a more holistic view about this country, locating it within the larger Asian geopolitical context. 

You can't write a new blog on geopolitics without seeming a bit presumptuous. Who is this fellow who came out of nowhere, you might ask. He doesn't have the right credentials. How does he think he's qualified to write about these things? 

People who ask these questions have a point. I think there are many, many people who are very qualified academically, to write a blog about geopolitics, but who don't. But I believe that academic qualifications are neither necessary nor always sufficient to write about important subjects of global importance. Academics often have deep knowledge about a particular subject but find it difficult to broaden the scope. By contrast, I won't pretend to be an expert on anything, but I can write a good deal about a lot of things. So that is the value I bring, I think. In any case, that is for you, the reader to decide whether this blog is worth your time or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment